PILGRIMAGE THROUGH SPAIN
A Yearly Seasonal Retreat at the The Ashram Camino
September 2019 and 2020
Embrace your journey within and register to walk one of the most beautiful parts of the Spanish pilgrimage “The Camino de Santiago”.
Although the complete path, known as the “French Way,” is 500 miles, this retreat will have you walking the last 120 miles of this pilgrimage from Villa Franca de Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
The Camino has been well known in Europe for centuries but these days, there are pilgrims from all over the world. People began walking this path for religious reasons but now there are many different intentions from personal to spiritual.
The journey will take you through quaint villages, endless green meadows, and rolling hillsides. This well-worn path is symbolically marked by the image of a shell and yellow arrows help guide your way.
To identify you as a pilgrim, you will receive a scallop shell to put on your backpack as well as a special passport unique to The Camino. Along your walk, collect 2 stamps per day from churches, restaurants or hotels to show that you have completed the 120-mile distance once you get to Santiago.
A Day on The Ashram Camino
This exclusive program is limited to 12 guests per retreat. It includes 7 days walking and 8 nights accommodations. Average daily mileage is 15-20 miles.
- Begin your day with early morning yoga and breathing meditation
- Breakfast is served and then start your walk for the day. (We will transport your luggage from one hotel to the next. All you need on your walk is your day pack)
- Lunch and snacks – The Ashram Camino staff will be with you on the path, as well as at snack points and lunch places. You can have lunch anytime you get into the designated village. You do not have to wait for everyone to arrive. This walk is about finding your own rhythm.
- At the end of the day, relax with a well-deserved 30 min. massage
- Evening restorative yoga
- Dinner is enjoyed together with the other guests in your group
You will be staying in quaint hotels along the way at great little places that sometimes are off the path and will require us to drive you a few miles in each direction. A few of the hotels are reserved only for the group. Most rooms are double occupancy but there are a few single rooms that are given on a first come, first serve basis. Accommodations are clean and simple with en-suite bathrooms.
Rates & Reservations
The cost for the 7 days walking, 8 nights accommodation is US $5,800 per person all-inclusive. The three-hour transport from Hotel Palacio del Carmen in Santiago de Compostela to Villa Franca de Bierzo where the walk starts is also included.
2019 CAMINO DATES
Group 1: September 1 to September 9
Group 2: September 10 to September 18
Group 3: September 19 to September 27
Group 4: September 28 to October 6
2020 CAMINO DATES
THE CAMINO (The French Way)
Group 1: September 3 to September 11
Group 2: September 12 to September 20
THE CAMINO NORTE (The Northern Way)
Group 1: September 21 to September 29
Group 2: September 30 to October 8
CONTACT US TO PLAN YOUR AUTHENTIC WELLNESS VACATION